Has anybody experience of using "Advanced Pointing Control"?

MikePaling

Question

Hi ...

I am hoping that somebody out there has experience of using Advanced Pointing Control to optimise and improve an existing Autopointing file.

When I open up the APC, and load up my last Autopointing file  I am faced with a confusing array of tick boxes and I don't know where to start and what order to do things.

I can't even see what I have to do when I have finished trying to produce a "super fit" file as it is not clear of the final results are saved :-(((

My Autoslew manual is not very helpful with any of this and I am unable to make any progress.

Can some king person point me in the right direction?

Mike

1 answer to this question

Hi again ..

I can see that several people have viewed my post ... but no answers to my plea for help at the minute :-(

I am attaching a Word Doc showing the Autoslew "Advanced Pointing Control" window along with some comments about where I am having problems trying to understand the process.

I could see that when I did my last Autopointing file the errors were around 0.1arc minutes for both axes ... but I would like to be able to improve on this by using the APC option in Autoslew ... if possible.

Advanced Autopinting Control WINDOW.doc

Cheers

Mike