Wrong park pos. (counterweight west instead of east)

Corpze

Hi.
I am having problems with my no.2 park position.
No 1 (zenith) works fine, but the second one, which i have set to -1.0 degree Alt and 178 degree Az should be pointing south with the counterweight bar towards east. 
When i slew, it will flip and point south with the counterweight bar pointing west. 

Has the setting which i can choose how many degrees over the meridian i can track something to do with this?

/Daniel

• 1 month later...

I have had this issue as well.  Apparently this is a known bug in ASCOM software but it affects sequence in this way particularly if your socpe is parked horizontally and clsoe to any limits.

When ASA got back to me the advice was to change the park position so that the telescope was pointing in the opposite direction and since then this annoying problem has gone away.

It's a relatively simple and long lasting fix so far.

Mac

Hi.

I am having problems with my no.2 park position.

No 1 (zenith) works fine, but the second one, which i have set to -1.0 degree Alt and 178 degree Az should be pointing south with the counterweight bar towards east. 

When i slew, it will flip and point south with the counterweight bar pointing west. 

Has the setting which i can choose how many degrees over the meridian i can track something to do with this?

/Daniel

Yes, like Mac said: just tell it to park west and it will do the opposite ... problem solved!

Yes, like Mac said: just tell it to park west and it will do the opposite ... problem solved!

unfortunately it looks like this doens´t work, or maybe I have done something wrong.

i set the new park positions at 189 degree az and 1 degree alt and the counterweight bar fazing east - That didn't work, it wan't to slew so that the counterweight bar is facing west.

I then choosed to autoslew to set the counterweight bar to west... that didn't work either... well it worked in that way that autoslew actually did flip the mount so the coutnerweight bar pointed at west.

Do i have to save and re-open the program to make this take effect or something?

/Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

What I was told to do was move the scope to a park position opposite to the previous one. So my previous one was CW pointing East and front of scope pointing north. I changed it to CW pointing west and front of scope pointing south then set this as the park position. That was it. Problem solved.

Mac

What I was told to do was move the scope to a park position opposite to the previous one. So my previous one was CW pointing East and front of scope pointing north. I changed it to CW pointing west and front of scope pointing south then set this as the park position. That was it. Problem solved.

Mac

Aha, so your are basically fysically pointing the scope to the wrong opposite position and set those as park position, and then it will slew to the opposite in regards to the newly set park position which will be the right position?