Software for a two camera setup

tbaehnck

Hi ASA friends,

I'm very pleased with Sequence and MLPT on my DDM60pro overall, but I am now looking for a solution for a Dual setup with two cameras on one mount. As I know there ist  no software out there wich supports mlpt, but sequence can only support one camera. 

I found some software products wich be able to control two cameras with synchronized dithering on paper. Voyager and N.I.N.A.

Voyager works together with MaximDL, N.I.N.A. will not. 

Have anyone experience with the software above? Or what kind of solution are you using?

BTW: I given up waiting for a new software from ASA. 

Thanks and best regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas 🙂

The software for the second camera does not need to be related to the mount. For example Nebulosity, without mount connection. Dithering will automatically be the same as the main camera, because it is on the same mount. The camera's will need to be in exactly the same imaging sequence in order the dithering to work and not ruining the images of the second camera... Or no dithering ...

Edited by Waldemar

Waldemar thansk a lot for your effort. 

Dithering is a must have feature, and of course i can setup a second computer with another Software but what I like to have is that the two imaging instances communicate with each other. So if Setup1 is ready and like to dither setup 2 is still exposing due i.e. different download times or something else, camera 1 should wait and just start when camera 2 is ready also. 

Also setup 2 should wait if setup 1 is calibrating the guider or make an autofocus routine. 

I hope that makes it a little bit clearer for what I'm looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

I have looked at the solution of kolec but it is not so convenient.

I test voyager in the last weeks also. And it seems exact what i'm looking for. It does all that I want, okay without mlpt, than it would be perfect. But I will go for it. If anybody interessed in, you find it here https://software.starkeeper.it/. For two cameras you need the 2 array version. 

Leonardo the or one of the programmers was so helpful to me also with remote support. It was fantastic.