GPS stick and WiFi connectivity .

Abbas

Question

Hello guys.

I am using ASA DDM 85 premium on the bent pier located in Pakistan.

My suggestion ASA must install GPS module with all mounts. A single cordinate can change the efficiancy of mount tracking.

I used the theird party GPS module, dont know how much accuracy compatible with mount.

Mount also not got the wifi connectivity with operating system,when you know well mount can not be operate with out PC.

Syed Abbas.

ASA DDM85 premium.

Meade 16 f10 lx200 OTA

FLI ccd.

Taqwa observatory

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Abbas said:

Hello guys.

I am using ASA DDM 85 premium on the bent pier located in Pakistan.

My suggestion ASA must install GPS module with all mounts. A single cordinate can change the efficiancy of mount tracking.

I used the theird party GPS module, dont know how much accuracy compatible with mount.

Mount also not got the wifi connectivity with operating system,when you know well mount can not be operate with out PC.

Syed Abbas.

ASA DDM85 premium.

Meade 16 f10 lx200 OTA

FLI ccd.

Taqwa observatory

HI Abbas,

Since you got your DDM85 permanently installed on a  bent pier installed in your observatory, why would you want GPS and/or wifi on your mount?
Your co-ordinates will never change if you do not move your mount, and a cabled connection is many times better and faster than wifi...

So to be honest, I do not understand what the purpose of a GPS- or wifi module would be in your situation. You can hardly call a DDM85 mobile...

Best regards,

Waldemar

For stationary setup, like in your case, probably the only use of GPS would be time synchronization of your local machine/PC (coordinates&altitude + time  = good pointing).

It happens especially with older machines/motherboards the time goes off significantly even within a couple of days and the pointing error pilling up this way as well.

Make sure Autoslew has always good time either via GPS or sync via internet.