C drive full

DaveS

As the title says. I haven't deliberately save anything to the small (64GB) boot drive of my obsy PC, but just now when I came to connect by RDP I got the message that my Talon roof control couldn't open because the drive was full.

On searching I found a huge (27GB) folder of Sesto Senso logs. When I tried to delete them I got a message that they couldn't be deleted as the folder was open is Sequence, which iwas not itself open on the desktop.

Can anyone shed light on the problem? I have been able to (Apparently) free up just over 2GB, but the last time i did this the drive was full again on the next connection.

I will try and post a screenshot, but even that is proving a problem.

And it would, of course, be a rare clear night.

Hi Dave,

the huge file seems to be the log-file of your motor-focus, that connects to Sequence via Ascom.

Have you tried to delete the file right after rebooting your computer before you start Sequence or any other astro-related programs?

I would also suggest that you check the ascom driver to see whether you can define a different location for the log-file.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Thanks Robert.

I'll have a go at it tomorrow, when I have enough working brain cells lined up.

It will mean going out to the obsy and connecting a keyboard and mouse so a bit chilly.

If I can set a new location then the big NAS in the office seems like a good place.

Thanks for the tip Robert, it looks to have worked.

When I connected by RDP I found that my documents folder had grown from 27GB to 30GB! Why, I have no idea, as I had managed to delete some files last night. After a forced Restart I was able to delete that huge file and now have 30GB free disk space.

I haven't tried running Sequence yet so may have yet another bork, which are coming thick and fast with my hardware / software.

Still need to find out what is wantonly filling up my hard disk. Hope I haven't picked up someth9ing nasty from the web, but Windows Antivirus isn't showing any threats. 

Hi Dave,

glad to hear that you managed to delete the huge log-file. I've just read through the sesto-senso documentation and did not find an option to control the amount of logging-data that is stored. I would suggest that you monitor the log-file size to get a feeling how much it grows during one night. If it grows very fast, then it might make sense to contact primaluce to see whether they have a recommendation to avoid the problem.

You could also check whether you have turned logging on in the ascom chooser, I guess there is a checkbox where you can turn logging on or off for the ascom devices.

Clear skies,

Robert

Thanks Robert.

😄

Damn stupid emoji can't get rid of it

What I typed was that I found a similar huge Sesto Senso log file on the C drive of the other remote PC, but was able to delete it as I had restarted the PC.

Edited by DaveS