DDM 60 Problem Homefind position.

Wojtek Gdańsk

Question

Hello . Two days I find a problem with the Home position.

When I run Home find - DDM can not complete the procedure Home find.

I tried to install different versions of Autoslew but nothing helped.

Redirection AutoslewLog where it may be stored reason for the problem.

Can you help me solve this problem.

Regards

13 answers to this question

Hi Wojtek,

Looking at your ClServolog I see two significant differences to those from my DDM60. My log entries as follows:

1. The first line should read: "Using magnetic angle from key Axis1 = xx  Axis2 = yy"

2. Under [Homefind both axis]: "Use homefind to reset magnetic angle = TRUE"

There are a number of other differences, but these two need fixing first.

It appears that there may be a problem with you DDM60 key. The last set of numbers refer to the magnetic angles for your mount and my understanding is that they are essential for start-up. You should re-enter your key.

I don't know why the first line is missing from your log: it is present on all logs of both my DDM60 and DDM85A. Maybe sorting out the key will fix this.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Hi Wojtek,

I have similar issues with the homefind.

Every now and then the homefind fails without any obvious reason. Especially the RA homefind used to fail almost every time when doing the procedure for the first time. After 2-3 tries it usually went through.

The trick that seem to work with my mount is starting the homefind into a "wrong direction". When the homefind slew returns and finds the reference mark, everything is fine. I'm glad that this trick works but am quite pissed that have to do this kind of things to make the mount functioning properly.

In addition the DE homefind still fails sometime. So I can't fully rely the homefind procedure working everytime, which is really frustrating because I'm operating a remote observatory.

Jay

Edited by Jay

Hello again and thank you for your help. Yesterday I went to my observatory.

and once again I uninstalled completely from the computer I deleted my Autoslew and back installed.

Then I introduced the key this time I typed it directly from the keyboard laptop.

And this time Home position worked properly - FINALLY SUCCESS.

Then I made a new Poninting File with 20 stars on both sides of the sky.

After the procedure in Autoslew Calculate Configuration you can not find the file cfg.

I had to use the old file cfg, and perhaps for this Autoslew unfortunately gives large errors in calculations.

Sorry Autoslew gives large errors in calculations, although I did four times Pointing file - an error in the position of RA is large which makes the GO-TO is not accurate.

I also tried to set the number of times set New Homeposition unfortunately without success.

I worked with Autoslew 5.2.3.2 and 5.2.2.2

I add movies you-tube- where it is shown that there is no file cfg and large errors in the calculation Pointing file.

In sum:

1) Home find - now operating normally.

2) Autoslew badly calculated Pointing file - causing malfunction GO-TO. There is no file cfg.

3) does not work set New Homeposition.

4) Sometimes the problem with the operation of the GPS. (Autoslew 5.2.3.2 and 5.2.2.2 ) 

Once again, thank you for your help.

By the way - Happiness and prosperity in the new year 2017.

Regards

Wojtek.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbni40lm7hav8v0/Video%202016-12-30%2019-08-32.avi?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74w0ee1b0k7ims1/Video%202016-12-30%2023-40-29.avi?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58ixnttt119l2s5/Video%202016-12-30%2022-43-26.avi?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9s9omw9m91q57q/Video%202016-12-30%2023-07-52.avi?dl=0

Happy New Year Wojtek,

The questions raised by your last post are:

1. Is polar alignment good?

2. Have you synched Autoslew to your planetarium software?

3. Did you synch Sequence before starting the Pointing File?

If the answer is yes to all three questions, you should be OK - pointing inaccuracy will then almost certainly be due to factors other than the mount or Autoslew. Flexure is always present in any system.

Other than the above, I don't have any ideas - hope this helps!

Regards,

Mark

Hi Wojtek and Happy New Year,

It looks like you might have a problem with plate solving. I assume you’re using Sequence ?

If the plate solve fails (e.g. pointing is too far off from the target) Autoslew cannot create a pointing file. The best way to check if plate solving is ok is to make a test plate solve (in Sequence under plate solve settings). After that test is fine, do a synch and "set new Homeposition"

Jay  

P.S.... if synch fails you should not try to set a new Homeposition because it will most likely be way off.  

P.P.S...and before turning off Autoslew remember to save all new settings !

P.P.P.S...GPS/Autoslew can have signal problems sometime, don't really know why. However, you can always input coordinates manually if needed.

Edited by Jay

Hello .

1. Yes my polar aligment is good.
2. Yes I dubbed Autoslew with my software planetary
3. Do not use the sequence this time, because I had a problem with my CCD.
I myself am surprised and looking for answers why Autoslew behaves strangely.
So far I have not had so many problems at once Autoslew.
Always as I installed the new version Autoslew did two Pointing file and all was well.
Unfortunately, now I'm going for the delegation to work for about six weeks.
How do I get back home I will try to solve these weird problems with Autoslew. I hope everything will be alright .
Thank you for your interest in my problem.
Regards
Wojtek

Hello . Two days I find a problem with the Home position.
When I run Home find - DDM can not complete the procedure Home find.
I tried to install different versions of Autoslew but nothing helped.
Redirection AutoslewLog where it may be stored reason for the problem.
Can you help me solve this problem.
Regards

Hi ...

I have also been having a problem getting my DDM60Pro to do a Homefind.

However .... after a great deal of effort my "Homefind" problem looks as if it has been solved ... but I will keep my eye on it.

After eventually contacting ASA Martin Puchner, at ASA, kindly inspected my system remotely using Teamviewer and he made a couple of minor changes to one of the files within AutoSlew which seems to have done the trick. I am not sure exactly what he did as it happened very quickly.

I got the impression that this is a known problem affecting "some people". I suggested that somebody at ASA should post a bulletin on the forum to help others who might have the same problem ... he said that this was a good idea.

Mike

Hi ...

I have also been having a problem getting my DDM60Pro to do a Homefind.

However .... after a great deal of effort my "Homefind" problem looks as if it has been solved ... but I will keep my eye on it.

After eventually contacting ASA Martin Puchner, at ASA, kindly inspected my system remotely using Teamviewer and he made a couple of minor changes to one of the files within AutoSlew which seems to have done the trick. I am not sure exactly what he did as it happened very quickly.

I got the impression that this is a known problem affecting "some people". I suggested that somebody at ASA should post a bulletin on the forum to help others who might have the same problem ... he said that this was a good idea.

Mike

Thank you for this information
It's a good idea .
I'll be waiting for information from employees ASA.
Regards Wojtek.

Thank you for this information
It's a good idea .
I'll be waiting for information from employees ASA.
Regards Wojtek.

I now understand that these changes can only be done by ASA either remotely or at the factory .... they don't seem to want to reveal things to customers about this matter.

I have a feeling that the new versions of DDM mounts will not ne affected as they will have absolute encoders so it will become a problem of the past.

Regards Mike

Typical ASA, there is a known problem with some mounts but they don't inform us about it. Instead you spend a lot of time and effort trying to figure out what the heck is wrong. Something that could have been fixed remotely in the first place.... great.