MichaelEarth

Question

Dear Community,

my name is Michael from Germany and I've been one of the first customers of the DDM60 mount. Since I didn't use it for a long time, I'm currently about to make myself familiar with the mount again and face some questions:

- Although the latest Autoslew is installed I can not find some features described in the manual, such as

"AUTOTUNING" of Motorparameters, "NOISE FILTER"

- The Range for the PID parameters is much smaller than (e.g. the I parameter is limited to x*1000,

instead of x*10.000 as shown in manual).

Is that due to the fact I'm using one of the earliest DDM60s ?

And please allow me to additional questions:

- Is there a way to "semi-automaticly" create a pointing-file ? Manually go to various stars, but let pinpoint solve

the position instead of centring the star ?

- I'm using a huge 12" F4 Newtonian. Can somebody with a similar equipment plese tell me his motorparameter to have

a reference ?

Best regards and thanks a lot !

Michael

3 answers to this question

Hi, Michael

I also have one of the earliest DDM60, and I had to upgrade encoders to be able to use newer versions of Autoslew, with autotuning. However, it was worth of the money, since I also had problems with PID parameters before.

Kruno

Hi, Michael

I also have one of the earliest DDM60, and I had to upgrade encoders to be able to use newer versions of Autoslew, with autotuning. However, it was worth of the money, since I also had problems with PID parameters before.

Kruno

I bought my DDM60Pro secondhand in 2010 (it was never used) and had it upgraded in 2012. ASA did not only upgrade the encoders, but also the electronic boards and the backend of the RA axis with the connectors. I needed to change the cables, because the new connections are a bit different.

No need for RS232-USB converters anymore. Never regretted I had it done. Still working perfectly. 

Hi Michael,

I can only emphasise Waldemar's suggestion to upgrade your DDM60. It's worth it.

Beside from that, I also use a 12" Newton and it works great. Just start Autotuning with the "Heavy Telescope" configuration and then fine-tune to your needs.

You can also you the supplied software "Sequence" to automatically make a pointing file without the need to center each single star.