Autoslew - Limit setting

astrobry

limit question.  Is it possible in Autoslew to set 2 different limits ?  I ask this because my park position is below the horizon (I have a roll-off observatory). I must set the limits very low, otherwise the mount can’t  reach the park-position due the setting of the limits.  SO I set now my limits to -6°.  This is a risk for me. The limits I want to use when the mount is in run for imaging should be about 25° (otherwise, otherwise, it is possible to hit the walls,
).  If not,  there may be an additional limit set added in the software to solve this problem.

thanks in advance

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same configuration; roll off roof needing a Park setting very low.  I set Autoslew to -1deg and this allows me to park the scope correctly but I set the observatory control s/w to +20deg above the horizon to keep the scope above the side walls when doing exposures.  I use ACP but the horizon limits can also be set in most planetarium programs and in some of the camera programs that can control the observatory like Maxim.  Issuing a Park command to  Autoslew will override the observatory horizon limit and park the scope correctly.

Bill