Upograded Autoslew: Now DDM100 CI-Servos.ini file "Comport" port number matches my device manager "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm port" number but can't connect to mount

SimonWalsh

Question

Dear All, 

I just started installing the latest Autoslew version so I can use the latest Sequence version and I am having an issue with the COM port number. My DDM100 CI-Servos.ini file "Comport" port number matches my device manager "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm port" number. When I start Autoslew, its in simulator mode. The mount is turned on. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I didn't gert a pop up saying the comm port was wrong when I first entered my license key. 

Anyone?

Simon

1 answer to this question

This is a known problem that created huge issues for me, led to tens of hours of consulting with ASA.  Changed converter cables, control boxes, control cables, software drivers, etc.

Currently, I am using a MOXA USB-Serial convertor cable rather than the one that ASA provides - at ASA's own recommendation.  Nonetheless, autoslew cannot find the comport automatically.  So I need to go into autolsew and correct the comport in the settings there, save that and then restart.

Hope that helps.  Don't know why the ASA software struggles with something as basic as connecting to its own hardware.