Starry Night and Autoslew

unger61

The majority of DDM owners seem to use The Sky or The Sky X as planetarium software. ven though the Sky is very popular I personally like the display and userfriendliness of Starry Night more. I had however some issues connecting with Autoslew as the scope position is not displaying correctly in Starry Night. I am sure that I am missing something simple here. Is anyone out there who uses Starry Night?

Cheers

Clemens

Clemens, have you heard of C2A (Computer Aided Astronomy) which is a free planetarium program which, as far as I can tell, works well with Autoslew and is very intuitive (it needs to be for a beginner like me). I know this is not what you asked but few people seem to have heard of this software. It is recommended by the Target Asteroids! (Osiris Rex) people for example.

http://www.astrosurf.com/c2a/english/

I think it is worth a look.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I know C2A and it's a good program... I am running The Sky successfully but have also Starry Night Pro Plus which I absolutely

love.... Even though C2A is free I am not sure if I want to start now with a third option...

Clem

Hi Thomas...

Autoslew connects ok with Starry Night but the location where the Astrooptic icon is displayed on the map does not correspond.

Whereas it is perfectly ok with The Sky... Location and time are correct...I am sure I am making a pretty basic mistake but I seem

to have a mental block :)   But I will keep on trying.

Cheers

Clemens

• 1 month later...