xbox power supply

tbaehnck

Question

Hi Group,

maybe something interessing for you. Normally I use the voltcraft 10A power supply wich ASA offered for my DDM60pro.

After the last two star partys I think about, how can I reduced weight of my equipment? 

The Voltcraft weight something around 6kg.

So I recognized the power supply of my sons xbox, wich has 12V and 135W.

So I bought an used one on ebay. Of course I don't take the one of my sons xbox, he will has been killing me ;-), and give it a try.

I take one with 12V and 14,6A from one of the older xboxes. All I have to do is, to cut the orignal connector and replaced it with a pair of the banana plugs (4mm) and connected the 5V parts to switch it on.

I have tested it right until now for approx.7 hours without  any problems. All seems to be fine, also slewing with full speed or wind gusts.

It weights only 1kg and is much smaller than the other one. So I think I have found a very low priced and light weight alternative for my mount.

2 answers to this question

Hi,

That's interesting. I received my DDM60Pro earlier this year. It came with an EA (Elektro-Automatik) 300W power supply capable of supplying 21A. It only weighs 1.75 Kg.

Ian

Thanks Ian.

nice power supply, and also light weight.

My DDM60pro is one of the early ones. At this early stage mine Voltcraft was an recommendation of ASA.