Use of the Advanced Pointing Control

rharter

Hi all,

If I have an already created an then improved Pointing file with the menu item "Advanced Pointing Control", there are only two choices of storage. When I choose "Use after reboot" the "Advanced Pointing File" is not saved and is not used automatically when you restart. If I go to "Creating and calling Pointing Files", it is only possible to save a pointing file via "Calculate Configuration". Here, however, a calculation is performed again, even though the file was already optimized with "Advanced Pointing Control".
Long story short: How do I save the optimized advanced pointing file as such at all and how can I use the "Advanced Pointing File" automatically when restarting Autoslew without following the "Calculate Configuration" procedure ?

Thanks in advance.

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

I have not used the Advanced pointing control so I cannot help there.

However, a POI file contains all the data from your pointing model, such as where stars were and what the true coordinates were.

A cfg file will store other data such as whether you have a joystick connected, what your slew limits are etc.

George

Hi,

I should have been more specific. Are the corrections that are made on a pointing file, then part of a "cfg file"? Because then you could actually use the "cfg file" when you restart, (see my first post) as it is a possibility in the storrage process in the Advanced Pointing Control. Otherwise (see my first topic) I can not use my advanced pointig file

after a restart. And this is my original problem again.

Ralph