what exactly does "autostart" do?

prefetch

Question

i googled and couldn't find anything on this.  i searched the manual and couldn't find anything either.  perhaps i'm missing the obvious.

does anyone know what this is for?  i know it runs when you first start up the motor, but what these settings do?  and what about the "optimize" button?  what happens if i get a 'bad grade' in "Measured Autofind Quality"?   :blink:

Screen%20Shot%202014-03-28%20at%204.06.1

4 answers to this question

Hi Prefetch,

This diagram represent the magnetic angle autofind for each motor. The motor magnetic angle knowledge is mandatory to efficiently and precisely control and command the motor.

Don't touch anything here, it is now fully automated (in previous Autoslew versions, you had to fiddle here).

Best regards.

Bernard

Hi Prefetch,

I have never seen any difference on the tracking accuracy, but I must say I didn't look carefully at the figures, only at the very begining when I was discovering the mount.

On my own experience of the DDM85, the tracking accuracy is influenced by:

- appropriate balancing

- rigid mechanical setup (all screws correctly tightened so nothing is "moving"), else you quickly get a false pointing model

- precise polar alignment

- good pointing model.

Once the above steps are done, I never had tracking issues, and, as far as I can see on this forum, it is the same for other DDM owners. The only other cause of tracking issues I have seen on this forum was a broken mount.

Best regards.

Bernard

Edited by RamaSpaceShip