New ASCOM pop-up

DaveS

Question

For the first time last night I got an ASOM pop-up asking me what type of mount I had.

This occured when Sequence called for a move from Autoslew. I have looked in both Sequence and Autoslew for a setting that might have become unchecked but everything looked to be as it had been.

I got this both on the DDM60 rig which had needed a software rebuild after a total crash, and on the DDM 85 which, as far as I know, has been OK.

Has anyone else seen this lately? How can I prevent it from getting in the way again.

After I tell ASCOM which type of mount I have it proceeds normally, but just pops up everytime a new call to Autoslew occurs at the start of a sequence. It doesn't occur during a sequence.

I'm running ASCOM platform 6.5 SP1. Has there been a sneaky ASCOM update? Or has a Windows update borked it?

12 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply Waldemar, and sorry for not replying sooner.

I've reinstalled the ASCOM platform, but I think I will have to reinstall the Autoslew as well, something I'm afraid of doing. Had too many borks to be confident.

The pop-up doesn't occur when slewing from Cartes du Ciel, only on the first time Sequence calls for a slew from Autoslew.

OK, gone back in to the remote PC, and redone the uninstall / reinstall with a restart in between. Checked the programData file and all the files are still there.

Will check when we next get a clear sky.

Currently I have Autoslew 5248 on both computers.

The observatory computer has Sequence 2.1.1

The platform computer has Sequence 2.0.9. It did have 2.1.1, but I had a major crash requiring a clean install of Windows, and couldn't download 2.1.1 from the ASA downloads page. But I did have an old installation file of 2.0.9

Where can I get Sequence 2.1.3? I can only see 2.1.1 on the download page, and as I said, couldn't download it.

Edit: The reason I couldn't download was the cookie settings in Chrome. Still can't find Sequence 2.1.3 though

Edited by DaveS

If you wish, I can send you the file, but with normal email it will be regarded as a hazardous file and will be deleted.
Therefore it would be best to send it with 'we transfer'. For that I need your email address. I will send you a pm with mine.

Waldemar