ASA DDM85 ASCOM Driver

deepskyman

Question

My intention is to install an ASA DDM85 in a Pulsar 2.7m dome.  The only means of controlling the dome is via ASCOM.  I have heard some concern about the ASA ASCOM driver.  Should I be worried about this, or is it just scare mongering?

Kind Regards

Paul.

Edited by deepskyman

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, deepskyman said:

My intention is to install an ASA DDM85 in a Pulsar 2.7m dome.  The only means of controlling the dome is via ASCOM.  I have heard some concern about the ASA ASCOM driver.  Should I be worried about this, or is it just scare mongering?

Kind Regards

Paul.

Hello, Deepskyman,

I have been involved in a new personal project... I have installed on my new observatory a dome 3m and after few months testing, I am using the HubDome POTH by ASCOM, and works fine. Using the ASA ASCOM driver, for me no used, because although I put the same parameters than the HubDome POTH by ASCOM doesn't works well, the door never goes to the center window of the axis telescope. I have tried to find manual about how to use properly the dome with Austolew and Sequence, but I couldn`t found anything about this, neither to with the F1 help of Sequence.

So Yes, you have to be a little scare mongering in case you want to use the ASA Driver, but if finally you can find the manual help, please try to share it in this forum.

I wish you all the best,
Luis Romero

https://www.astrosirius.org/

Edited by astrosirius