Sequence crashes after 40 points....

TimC

Hi,

I have a 500mm Keller Classical Cassegrain with a  DDM85 premium. I had made a Sequence pointing file initially of about 35 points. I am now trying to refine the setup to improve tracking etc. I have tried to re-use sequence to create a larger pointing model, but I am having no success.

Questions:

1. Should I run the new pointing file with the old one removed from Autoslew or can I run the new pointing run with my current model active in Autoslew??

2. When I have the new Sequence data *.pox file can I just add it to my existing data and combine all the information for Autoslew to use?

3. What is making Sequence suddenly crash and close itself always after taking about 40 points?? This is very frustrating as I am hoping to increase my pointing data to around 400 points with a permanent setup  after ensuring with the hysteresis function that everything is very tight with the scope setup otherwise. I have Autoslew connected to TSX via POTH  and when this happens POTH is frozen and TSX reports loss of communications. The mount runs all night when Sequence is not being used (Connected to CCDAutoPilot5) .

Many thanks for your help !!

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I don't know why you have theses troubles. I can offer you to become a beta tester for the new sequenz and autoslew, perhaps this solves your problem with the pointing. Please just write me a message to and I will give you access to the beta board.

Best regards,

Michael

Hi Tim,

Regarding your questions:

@ 1: You can make your new pointing file with the old configuration active, Autoslew is aware of that.

@ 2: Simply solve your new autopointing file as usual and save it with the option 'use now, save and use on next start'

Sequence never crashed on me when taking autopointing exposures, neither with my local setup nor with the remote setup, which is similar to yours. Maybe the current Beta versions perform better for you.

Best regards,

Gerhard