what is your startup routine from a permanent setup?

prefetch

i just finished installing my DDM85 into a permanent observatory.  prior to this i have been using it in a mobile setup.

so now i'm trying to figure out the "best" way to startup in this observatory.  it's nearly perfectly polar aligned, but i'm confused about what the right way to get it ready.

1) power up PC

2) power up DDM85

3) open roof

4) start autoslew

5) ...?

so, at this point, my OTA is sideways (facing northern horizon) so that the roof can fit over it.  not really sure what the proper thing to do is.  start the motor in autoslew and use the xbox controller to make it point to the zenith and run homefind?  and then what?  load a previous autopoint file and manually slew the OTA to a bright star, center it in the finder scope and run synch from sequence and go from there?

Hi

This is what I do with my permanent setup at the moment....

1. power up PC (remotely) 
  2. open the roof and power up the mount
  3. start MaxPilote which will turn on all the other programs (except Sequence) 
  4. click Park 2 (which has been set very close to the homefind position) and click homefind after that (Autoslew has been turned on automatically already by MaxPilote) 
  5. start Sequence and click sync (with Pinpoint)
  6. Ready to go...

The previously saved pointing file / sky map with 200 plate solves has already been loaded automatically when starting Autoslew.

I'm using Seletek Armadillo and Firefly to control the observatory power inputs remotely, and the following software in addition to Autoslew and Sequence:

MaxPilote, MaximDL, Pinpoint, FocusMax, SkyX, Seletek controller sofware, AAG cloud watcher and LogMeIn (to operate the observatory computer remotely).  

Best regards

Jay

Edited by Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luc

Haven't been able to figure out how to do that automatically, because I don't want Sequence to be opened before MaximDL. I let MaxPilote open everything else but Sequence and open it "manually" after that. I'm sure there is a way around that but I'm not very good with modifying ASCOM commands and don't mind that small manual step.

Best regards

Jay