Script to execute MLPT

Kazuo Horiuchi

Dear Sir,

Does anyone know the way how to execute MLPT in Sequence by Script like VBScript ?

Background is I would like to use ACP and MLPT together, but I am not sure if there are any ways how to make MLPT automated, like by Script.

I am very sorry this is a right question to get help/advice in this Form.

Best Regards,

Kazuo Horiuchi from Japan

Hi Kazuo...

Many of us had also this idea..: be able to run MLPT from / into some robotic-automation programms such as ACP, CCDAUtoPilot, CCDCommander... and so on.

Latest Beta version of Sequence ( in beta testing phase ) is able to run automatically MLPT both sides of meridian at a programmed time or when the target change form one meridian side to another..(in conjuction with Autoslew also)..., but not from ACP, CCDAutoPilot or CCDCommander....  This new pair (Sequence Beta+ Autoslew ) works independiently. It`s a GREAT software but with some problems for robotic observatories..as it´s don´t contemplate a meteorological device for clouds or rain ( as AAGCloudwatcher or similar) ... So I just can use it when I am behind the laptop ..as I have to be pending remotely of clouds/weather and can´t go to sleep.. ;-)

A friend of mine, here  in Spain is working in a plateboard for robotic observatories capable of park mounts as DDM , Gemini, etc (all ASCOM capable) ...and close domes /roll off roofs independiently of any Automation programm or in conjuction with Sequence Beta/Autoslew..... A complete solution with "panic"  security  parking mount and closing observatories  even if Internet communication lost, PC crashed, clouds/rain,  etc.... it´s working right now in a robotic observatory in beta phase perfectly. Minr will be next in some weeks.. So, I will be capable of work with Beta Sequence and sleep all night long without PC crashes, clouds or any other problems as I will be sure mount will be ALWAYS  parked and roof closed..

Clear skies,

Hi Kazuo,

I don't think that other programs will be able to manage pier flip etc. with MLPT so I work further to optimize Sequence.

I also have your wish list and we are continuing to make sequence better.

Antonio, Ascom Cloud Sensor has been added and you can try for a test version. Mail me at p.keller@astrosysteme.at.

What happens is that when it receives a nonsafe condition, it will park the telescope, close the cover and close the dome.

Philipp

Dear Mr. Antonio and Mr. P.Keller,

Thank you so much for both your comments.

Yes, I believe ASA DDM mount , AutoSlew and Sequence combination is very excellent for astronomy photo.

I am really looking forward to have next official AutoSlew and Sequence software release !!

Best Regards,

Kazuo Horiuchi