Sequence Autopoint PointingError.pox

stephankueppers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

just saw this conversation. Some days ago my scope was collimated and the previous pointing file which was created with Sequence 0.2.1.1 does not get good pointing any more. I made a new poiting session with Sequence and tried to get a Pointing file. I see the bar moving but in the end the POintinng file created just contains "0".

THis problem I have on all my WIN10 PCs I tried. Is there a special way of getting the Pointiing file nowadays? The last successful Pointing file is from 3 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Josch

Josch,

Make sure that the permissions for Sequence and Autoslew are properly set. The switch to Windows 10 often loses these permissions. You need to set them in the Programs and Program Data. Permissions are set in Properties>Security.

Mark

Hi Stephan and Mark,

thanks for your replies.

Actually I had some worng settings in Sequence and most probably the problem was due to the fact that I choose UCAC4 as catalogue for the Plate solving. It worked with GSC1_1.

Hence problem solved.

Regards,

Josch

• 2 weeks later...

I am back with the problem that Seqeunce does not solve my Autopoint files.

I have a second DDM85 mount in my backyard in Belgium. After I got the Autopointing file working on my remote installation. I took an all sky pointing in my backyard.

The difference to my remote site is that I use an QHY600M in 2x2 binning mode over here, I can solve randomly loaded files in MAXIM DL but Sequence does not want to solve them. I have tried several settings for plate solving using GSC1_1 as the catalogue. In MAXIM I can solve as said several images (I did not tst alll though), but Seqeunce refused to solve a single one.

My scope is a C14 Edge HD with reducer to f/7 (2780 mm FL). Any ideas? What should the parameters for the plate solving be?

Thanks for any help.

Josch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to Wolfgang my problem was that the pixel size in Sequence was not set to the bin 1 size of the CMOS camera I use.

I put it to the correct values and it worked. However the resulting POX file did not improve on the pointing of the mount. I need to further investigate the issue. My old pointing file with a few stars in the East is better than a full pointing of the whole sky.

Hello to all again.

I am having problems with Sequence and MLPT.

I start sequence,do the SYNC whn the object is centered...sometimes get a huge "DELTA" in AR AND DEC ,other times ,0 and 0 ...

when getting 0 and 0 ,start MLPT ,GET A NICE FLAT CURVE AND SEND IT TO AUTOSLEW.

But when the first image downloads ,the objet and the stars are terribly elongated.

Do you have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

would love to have a detailed procedure to use SEQUENCE and MLPT,with all the neccesary steps in order.

Jose

Jose,

I do not know if you have Sequence Vers. 2.0.0 Manual. In that document, the procedures for setting Sequence up, including MLPT, and then starting an imaging run, are covered in detail. It is not clear to me what you mean by '....SENDING IT TO AUTOSLEW.'  If Sequence, Autoslew, Focuser, and Maxim are all interconnected that happens automatically.

Are the stars elongated in the first image, but not subsequent images, or are they all bad?

Mark

Hello again ,Mark.

Thanks for your reply.

No ,I don´t have the Seq. Manual 2.0

in Sequence ,there´s a banner to send the curve acquired to Auto slew...and that is what I do...

after that ,not only the first one but the following ones ,are useless...most of the time.

Only IN one ocassion ,I remember ,it was good ,excellent...the rest of the time,useless.

Regards 

Jose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there an updated manual for Sequence?  The software is now on version 3.3.0, but the only manual I can find is for version 2, and does not cover much of the functionality built into sequence (for example doesn't cover Autopoint, any of the various options and settings, etc.).  If not, is there another source where one can read about this?