Upgrading to a new PC - Autoslew data and settings to move to new PC

TimC

Hi,

After getting continual runtime errors with the astronomy software on an XP PC, I have decided trying a PC upgrade to see if I can get a more stable platform. I am getting a WIn 64bit PC with a bit more memory and starting with a clean install state.

What do I have to do,  to transfer all of my current settings/pointing file/all current crucual Autoslew data for the mount, to the mew Operating system PC?? What files need to be copied across to the new PC??

Thanks and regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I guess you need to copy this directory (with all subdirectories): C:\ProgramData\ASA\

I remember that some versions ago ASA moved all setting files (.ini) in this directory. Same applies for pointing files, images and so on.

Good luck with the new PC ;)

• 3 weeks later...

And? How did it go?

I'm facing the same problem. I need to do a clean install of Windows, because of some problems with ACP (it's ridiculous I know), so I need a way to backup all the AutoSlew settings and restore them on a new install...

Hi Jeff,

I have just done this and it works well carrying across all of your Autoslew  and Sequence settings and data. On my Win Xp machine I found this folder: 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ASA         and just copied and pasted it across

to the new Win 7 64 bit machine  to here C:\ProgramData\ASA

I had to make the C:\ProgramData Folder viewable as it is at the start a "Hidden" folder.

I then installed Autoslew ( a recent beta version) and Sequence.

I had to find my latest profiles in the new ASA for Autoslew and Sequencee and load them when I opened Autoslew and Sequence, but everything seems to be there OK.

I hope that helps!! Good luck!

Regards,

Tim

Hello,

please don't forgett, if you are using currently the stabel version of Autoslew and Sequenz, you can't use your backuped data when installing the latest beta. There are to many changes in the Sotware between Autoslew 5.1.1.6 and the latest Beta!

Best regards,

Michael