Veil nebula

lukepower

During my trials for 10 minutes sub-exposures with my setup I was also able to catch some images of NGC 6992, before the weather became bad again. So here we are with a relatively narrow part of the nebula, made of about 30 minutes of exposures by channel (I used some older imagery, too). The processing workflow has been changed a bit, still using Pixinsight.

NGC-6992.jpg

So what have I found our so far? It seems that the main mirror is moving a bit during the slews, this is probabily caused by a slight loosening of the lateral mirror holders in winter. Also, my camera experienced again a sticky shutter event, but fortunately recovered as air dired up.

And, of course, that 10 minute long unguided subs are doable with 3500 mm of focal lenght. Next target will be 15 minutes, I wonder how that works out (but should be an easy task...)

Hi Antonio,

right :) First time I hit FWHM at around 2", so good news. Also, my processing skills with Pixinsight are improving (see my homepage for a much crisper version of this image). Weather has been uncool this summer, but things will change (let's hope so) :)