M 33

lukepower

Alright, yesterday night was one of the few usable nights so far during summer. Here is a first approach at an LRGB, each channel made up of 5 exposures of 5 minutes each. As the skyflats were unusable due to a sticky shutter (have to fix that, happens only when the scope is nearly vertical) I had to use older flats and fight the gradients with Pixinsight and (for the first time) GradientXTerminator. So, what do you think? I figured that there is alot of noise on the arms of the galaxy, probabily I need more data for that...

M-33-Whirlpool.jpg

And, out of curiosity: Shall we call M33 the Whirlpool or the Triangulum galaxy? I seem to find both names being used over the web...

Nice results for just 5 subframes of 5 minutes each. It seems to me you´re into the right direction ,Luke.  I will use some hours of Luminance and in colour. I just think in hours when imaging  :P ..But is a nice image...

As in reference to M33... to me is only M33 or the  Triangulum galaxy. The Whirlpool I think is used for M51 .. ( or also Lord Rose) galaxy...

Regards¡

Antonio

Antonio,

thanks for your comment. Heck yes, I need more imaging time, but he weather is simply.. bleah.

I am trying to finish my Veil mosaic and when it gets too low aquire something else... Let's see, I have to fix the collimation, too..

But everything looks better now when compared to 5 months ago :)