601 YSO (Young Star Objects),dust..and a cousin of the IRIS nebula

afesan

Sometimes, hunting in catalogues for "different" or unusal imaged  targets can gave us little surprises..

LDN1188 is a dark cloud complex towards the Cepheus Region. It is part of a giant ring around the Cep OB2 association.Estimated distante of this cloud is 910 pc and with an estimated mass of 1800 Suns..Star forming  activity of LDN1188 has been investigated in several paper,as recent as 2013.

601 YSO (Young Stellar Objects) candidates were identified towards the LDN 1188 infrared dark cloud, located in 91 groups, from which 37 have 4 or more members, 371,180 and 50..
Also of interest if DG180 (LBN 496) a blue nebula (similar to IRIS) inmersed into the red/yellow dust...
RNO 140,RNO 141 can be seen near the center of image. At upper right corner a little red galaxy (PGC 97260) can be identified..

LDN 1188,DG180 (LBN 496),PGC 97260 (Cepheus)

More resolution link:  http://afesan.es/Deepspace/LDN%201188,DG180%20(LBN%20496),PGC%2097260%20(Cepheus)_jpg_orig.html

Clear skies¡

Thanks, guys¡

Well.. I simply choose those rare targets because it´s there¡¡ .. Sometimes it is a suggestion from  a semi-professional astronomer...,sometimes I like to look at lost and forgotten catalogues ( as a library mouse)..but most times is because I simply prefer don´t to have a previous image from  target into my brain. ..

Well..maybe it can be so simple as I am an outsider  ?...  uh ?   :ph34r:

Edited by afesan