The Beta Autoslew

GeorgeCarey

A question for those people who have beta tested the new Autoslew...

Is it more stable than earlier versions?

Even with excellent balance I still tend to get errors such as position errors and the dreaded 'Over current error'.

There is no sign of ASA releasing an official new version so I wonder if I would be better off upgrading to the beta?

George

Hi George,

it's only available on request. We want to ensure that people are aware that they are testing a beta and that it is on their own risk. But the beta is very stable and it's working very well :)

btw. now you will see the Beta Board where you can find the actual beta versions for Sequenz and Autoslew. Please update both to ensure that it will work.

Regards,

Michael

Many thanks - I am now a beta tester!

A few questions:

Can someone remind me which files I need to keep so I don't lose my configuration?

If I upgrade Autoslew will I need to do a new pointing model or will it use the old one?

Can I upgrade only Autoslew? I seldom use Sequence other than to do pointing models.

Sorry to ask these questions but it is about 3 years since I upgraded Autoslew. :)

Many thanks - I am now a beta tester!

A few questions:

Can someone remind me which files I need to keep so I don't lose my configuration?

If I upgrade Autoslew will I need to do a new pointing model or will it use the old one?

Can I upgrade only Autoslew? I seldom use Sequence other than to do pointing models.

Sorry to ask these questions but it is about 3 years since I upgraded Autoslew. :)

Hi George,

All your personal Autoslew .ini-files are kept under the ProgramData folder and are not touched by uininstalling/upgrading. Just uninstall you old version and install the new one. You will be asked if Autoslew was already running on your system, by choosing "yes" everything should be fine for you.

I also would upgade Sequence for consistency reasons. You should check out all its new features, I'm using it for automatization of an all night run now, and it works great for me.

Best regards,

Gerhard

Installation of Autoslew worked OK. The only thing that seems different that I have spotted so far is the Red/Green hand for 'Manual Mode'.

Is it Green for Manual mode ON or OFF?

Is there documentation for the Beta Autoslew and Sequence? I could not see anything in the Beta forum.

George

Green is on manual... save to move it while fiddling around for balancing or whatever.

Documentation is not available, yet... but very necessary.

That should be on top of the "to do" list at ASA now, preferably in readable English.

Waldemar